Window film is a very thin material that requires handling with care. Creases and folding must be avoided and application must be carried out in a draught and dust free area. Only apply the film to smooth glass.
Follow the step-by-step instructions below OR watch the ‘Plain Film’ video to see the application being performed…or both!
You will need:
- 1 spray bottle filled with water and 2 drops of dishwashing detergent
- Credit card wrapped in a dust free cloth
- Squeegee if applying to a large area
- Stanley knife to trim if necessary
Instructions for applying window film:
- Before applying Frost & Co Window Film, thoroughly clean the glass. Remove any spots of dried paint and wash with clean soapy water. Any dirt or lint on the glass will be trapped under the film and look unsightly. Do not use window cleaning spray, as it can damage the film.
- Spray the glass liberally with the water/detergent mix.
- Place your design on a flat surface. Carefully peel off the backing paper by pulling it flat back on itself.
- Spray the exposed surface of the film with water/detergent. Lightly spray your hands to stop the film sticking to them.
- Carefully pick up the laminate, and slide into position on your glass. Keep the film smooth. It will continue to move, providing the glass is wet. Reapply water if necessary.
- Once in place push out the bubbles with the credit card wrapped in a soft cloth. Push from the centre out.
- If you are doing a large area, spray the film with the water and use a squeegee. The water will allow the squeegee to glide over the film.
- Wipe away any excess water. There may be some water marks left on the film, however this will dry/evaporate over time.
- To trim if required: Sandwich the blade between the credit card and edge of frame. Run the Stanley knife down the edge using the credit card to push it against the frame.
- To remove bubbles gently pop with a pin and rub.
- To remove white crease marks, run the flame of a lighter over the film and rub with finger.
To clean the film after installation, Mild soapy water, a squeegee and soft cloth. Avoid using an abrasive material, as it will scratch the film.
If you have any queries, please feel free to contact us anytime.
Instructions for applying window frosted decals:
- Ensure the glass is clean.
- Your film will come sandwiched between a Backing Paper (thicker paper like the back of a sticker) and Application Paper (thin paper similar to masking tape).
- Gently peel off the Backing Paper. Do it slowly and make sure the design is stuck to the Application Paper. Use a Stanley Knife to reposition any of the design.
- The film will be left on the sticky Application Paper. Position on the glass and vigorously rub over the film with your thumb. This will make the film stick to the glass.
- Gently remove the Application Paper.